The regular meeting was held starting at 6:00 p.m.
The board recognized those students who received fall athletic awards.
Sophie Schuette, Student Council President, informed the board of the upcoming plans for Snowfest activities. Snowfest will be Friday, February 2nd, and the theme will be “children’s books.” Hallway decorating will be completed during the weekend of Jan. 27-28. The Student Council will also be selling coolers from the food service department.
Board of Education officers for 2024 were elected as follows:
President – Chris Blackledge
Vice President – Kristin Flick
Secretary – Liz Scott
Treasurer – Leon Densmore
Committee members were appointed as follows:
HHEF Committee Member – Liz Scott
Facilities Committee Members – Gail Proctor, Tim Evans, Chris Blackledge
January is School Board Recognition Month. Superintendent Denney expressed his appreciation to the board members for the time and dedication they put in as members of the board. A certificate and gift were given to the board members.
The board approved the final report of the Strategic Planning process, as presented by Dr. Julie Kaminski of the Michigan Association of School Boards. This report was the result of information gathered over the last several months from the community surveys, input session, the all-day workshop, and meetings with administration and school improvement chairs to form a new set of suggested board goals for the district for the next five years.
Superintendent Denney reported to the board members on the following:
- Congratulations to our student athletes who were recognized tonight.
- Thank you to those who participated in the strategic planning process. Also thank you to Julie Kaminski for facilitating the process.
- Thank you to the board of education for all they do for the district.
- The first round of informational postcards have been mailed for the upcoming millage election on February 27th. Another postcard mailing will be going out, and a commercial has been airing starting today.
The board members commented on the following:
- Congratulations to the student athletes who received awards tonight and thank you to the athletes and coaches.
- The district and community can be proud of the strategic planning process and the new board goals. Thanks to all who participated. The board will have a discussion of a pre-planned review of the process after one year.
- The election information on the district’s website looks good.
- The board appreciates the School Board Recognition Month gift.
The regular meeting was adjourned at 7:07 p.m.