The regular meeting was held starting at 6:00 p.m.
The November meeting minutes, treasurer’s report, and December meeting agenda were approved with no changes.
It was reported to the board that the High School Student Council is holding an election for Snowfest class representatives. This year’s theme for hall decorating will be “decades.” The Student Council will be conducting fun surveys for students and staff participation.
During the Public Comment portion of the meeting, a parent voiced concerns about the superintendent’s salary and a recent lockdown drill.
The board approved the replacement of the electronic sign at the middle/high school with a 3’ display. This purchase will be combined with the replacement of the electronic sign at the elementary building, at a discount to the district for both signs.
A change in high school graduation requirements for band students was approved by the board. Students will now be able to replace the half credit physical education graduation requirement with two years of marching band. The half credit will be granted after the second year of marching band. This will allow band students additional flexibility in their schedules.
The board approved the ESSER III Spending Plan as presented by administration.
Superintendent Denney reported to the board members on the following:
- Condolences to the family of Leon Densmore for the loss of Leon’s wife, Doreen.
- We are very aware of school safety, even though we don’t always publicly talk about it. Supt. Denney sat down and talked with our liaison officer after the school shooting at Oxford High School. There were no changes to the process our students are trained in during drills.
- Congratulations to Mr. Akers on the first band/choir concert to be held indoors in a couple years. All the groups sounded great.
- Senior portfolio presentations at the high school are done. The seniors were impressive in their presentations.
- Merry Christmas to everyone!