The boys varsity/junior varsity golf head coaching position is a one-year at-will contract (renewable) and paid position per schedule B of the teacher contract. The season (practice) begins March 11, 2024, and the first date of competition is March 18, 2024. The chosen candidate must complete their registration with EduStaff, including a background check and fingerprinting. A valid driver’s license is required, and driving history must be satisfactory.
- Abide by Hanover-Horton Athletic Handbook and guidelines
- Uphold student eligibility on a weekly basis
- Be familiar with MHSAA rules and competition paperwork
- Record and submit state tournament scores to MHSAA
- Communicate well to students, parents, teachers, administration, and athletic office
- Be fair, consistent, and honest with students, parents, school faculty, and athletic office
- Hand out practice schedules to students, parents, and athletic office
- Be on time to practice and games; stay until the last player has left the school
- Be accountable for uniforms, equipment, and other school property
- Report damaged equipment to athletic office to be repaired
- Provide sound and technical practice plans to players in order to reach maximum ability
- Report scores to the athletic office
- Maintain a determined budget, assist with fundraisers, and document funding allocations
- Assist athletic director with scheduling games, times, practices, and facility usage
- Adhere to athletic trainer and medical decisions
- Adhere to athletic department standards for professionalism, dress, and code of conduct
- Must by CPR certified and certified in CAP1 or CAP2
All applicants please submit a letter of interest, resume, and list of references to Mr. Jeffrey Waltz, Athletic Director, Hanover-Horton High School, 10000 Moscow Rd., Horton, MI 49246 (or email firstname.lastname@example.org) to be considered.
Posted: September 8, 2023
Expires: September 22, 2023 or until filled
The Board of Education does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, including sexual orientation and transgender identity, disability, age, religion, height, weight, marital or family status, military status, ancestry, genetic information, or any other legally protected category, (collectively, “Protected Classes”), in its programs and activities, including employment opportunities. Direct inquiries to the Superintendent of Hanover-Horton School District, 10000 Moscow Rd, Horton, MI 49246.