The regular meeting was held starting at 6:00 p.m.
The October 2022 meeting minutes and treasurer’s report were approved with no changes. The agenda for tonight’s meeting was changed to replace Item #3 under Board Business, Middle School Minute Meetings, with 98b Plan Review. The Middle School Minute Meetings presentation will be tabled until the December 2022 meeting.
Nick Schuette, Student Council Vice President, informed the board of the upcoming plans for Snowfest activities. Snowfest will be on Friday, February 3, 2023.
There was no public comment.
The board approved the first reading of NEOLA policy updates, Vol. 37, No. 1.
The board approved changing the middle school wrestling coach position from a volunteer position to a paid position.
Superintendent Denney updated the board with the Section 98b School Goals Requirement review.
A debt retirement resolution was approved by the board to transfer surplus funds from the 2017 Technology Bond, which has been paid off, to the 2019 School Building and Site Bond, as required by law.
Superintendent Denney reported to the board members on the following:
- Congratulations to Danni Swihart, who recently signed a National Letter of Intent to attend the University of Iowa. She is the first female wrestler from the state of Michigan to sign with a D-1 school.
- Thank you to the ISD Technology team for the job they have done to reinstate districts’ computer systems after the recent Ransomware attack.
- We have a new school nurse, Nicole Vanderveen, who will be starting with us in a couple weeks.
- We have heat in the gyms. A replacement pump has been ordered for the middle school gym. The heating unit in the high school cafeteria should be installed either during Christmas or spring break.
- Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!
The board members commented on the following:
- The MASB will be holding training sessions for board members in January. They are also looking for ways to promote the Career Center.
- Congratulations to new board members Liz Scott and Tonya Sears, who will take office in January. It’s nice to see good quality candidates. Diane Anderson will be missed.
- Winter sports are getting underway.
- The board is glad to hear the district has hired a new school nurse.
- We have had some turnover in support staff. What are the reasons?
- It’s nice to see the elementary students being able to take a field trip to the Hanover fire station.
The regular meeting was adjourned at 6:55 p.m.