August 15, 2016
Our transportation supervisor has been working with the administrators to provide a Transportation Handbook for our students. The proposed Handbook was approved by the Board.
The Board appointed Joe Childs as their voting delegate to the 2016 MASB Delegate Assembly with Gail Proctor as an alternate.
Superintendent Denney updated the Board on the status of a school social worker. We should have one in place by the time school starts. The candidate is currently going through the finalization of the hiring process with Henry Ford Allegiance.
A leave of absence request from June Houser was approved for the 2016-2017 school year.
Superintendent Denney reported to the Board members on the following:
- The new Superintendent Evaluation is more in depth and will require the Board Members to partake in a six hour extensive training to evaluate. Next meeting need to determine best timing for training and when to do the evaluation.
- The main complex is undergoing some major repairs to a power line that went bad. The complex will be without water or bathroom facilities until possibly Friday.
- Our enrollment figures so far are very positive as compared to our projected.
- Facebook getting good amount of hits
- Drop and Dash Donations are still welcomed
- Many back to school events are planned
- New sidewalk to elementary playground will be done by start of school
- Concession stand project underway
- The elementary playground has been completed with the help of our community, staff, volunteers and the many businesses for their donations. A ribbon cutting ceremony of the playground will be performed at 10:30 a.m. on the first day of school.
- One of our students was named the Lion’s Club “Leo of the Year”.
- The teachers new computers are up and running.
- Gmail was installed over the summer